Quick posts vs. concise posts
I spend a lot of time on my first post on this blog, and I think that's appropriate, because it explains why you should keep reading. I also posted it before I was really happy with it, and I think that's appropriate, too, because if I try to make everything perfect, I'll never get started. (And now don't play smart and tell me that applies to programming language design, too, I know that! ;-))
In particular, the first two paragraphs of the intro try to capture the two basic ideas behind Fencore, but fail to explain how Fencore actually works. I'll just have to say more about that later.
Part of making a good post is making a concise post (that still says what you want to say), and you have all heard the phase attributed to Goethe in the German-speaking world and to Blaise Pascal in the English-speaking one: "I apologize for writing such a long letter; I didn't have time to make it short."
My point being, I will try to make future posts here concise, but I won't let that get into the way of actually getting them posted; so I apologize in advance for writing such long posts.
In particular, the first two paragraphs of the intro try to capture the two basic ideas behind Fencore, but fail to explain how Fencore actually works. I'll just have to say more about that later.
Part of making a good post is making a concise post (that still says what you want to say), and you have all heard the phase attributed to Goethe in the German-speaking world and to Blaise Pascal in the English-speaking one: "I apologize for writing such a long letter; I didn't have time to make it short."
My point being, I will try to make future posts here concise, but I won't let that get into the way of actually getting them posted; so I apologize in advance for writing such long posts.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home